Get the latest news straight to your email or by text message by joining our Flocknote groups at www.lourdescatholic.flocknote.com. Be sure to join the Weekly Parish News group!
Even as our Church has reopened for Masses and we continue to work through the steps of the diocesan reopening plan, we will continue to provide devotions and events via live stream through our Facebook page. You can find all livestream events at https://www.facebook.com/ololbett. Events will be available for later viewing once they’re over, and you can view them even if you don’t have a Facebook account.
June eChurch Schedule:
Please note: Below are only the events which will be livestreamed from our parish Facebook page.
- Tuesday, June 1 – Touchpoint Conversations Season Finale (featuring Fr. Crossen, Fr. Lamansky, Emily Andes, Brett Adams, and Isaac Doucette) featuring special guest Fr. Chris Weber – 7:00pm
- Wednesday, June 2 – Adoration & Rosary – 7:00
- Friday, June 4 – Divine Mercy Chaplet – 3:00pm
- Sunday, June 6 – Livestream Mass for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ – 10:30am
- Wednesday, June 9 – Adoration & Rosary – 7:00
- Friday, June 11 – Divine Mercy Chaplet – 3:00pm
- Friday, June 11 – At Home Devotional – The Sacred Heart of Jesus – 6:30pm
- Sunday, June 13 – Livestream Mass for the Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time – 10:30am
- Wednesday, June 16 – Adoration & Rosary – 7:00
- Friday, June 18 – Divine Mercy Chaplet – 3:00pm
- Sunday, June 20 – Livestream Mass for the Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Father’s Day) – 10:30am
- Wednesday, June 23 – Adoration & Rosary – 7:00
- Friday, June 25 – Divine Mercy Chaplet – 3:00pm
- Sunday, June 27 – Livestream Mass for the Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 10:30am
- Wednesday, June 30 – Adoration & Rosary – 7:00
- Friday, July 2 – Divine Mercy Chaplet – 3:00pm
- Sunday, July 4 – Livestream Mass for the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Independence Day) – 10:30am
At Home Devotions
As we strive to become a parish of intentional disciples who make time for personal and communal prayer, we will be praying with as special devotion each month. We invite you and your domestic church to pray along with us.
Traditionally the month of June has been dedicated to devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. One way we are privileged to pray as Catholics is through the prayers of the saints. This month we are celebrating the devotion by praying a prayer of consecration to the Sacred Heart written by Saint Cardinal John Henry Newman. We encourage your family to consider adding this prayer to your family’s devotional life. We will premiere a video with a parish family leading our Church in prayer from Facebook page on Friday, June 11 at 6:30pm.
You can download a copy of this month’s devotion and kids coloring page by clicking here.
As we continue through the challenges of capacity and gathering limitations, we want to continue to find ways to be connected to one another and grow spiritually even while we’re physically separated.
The Saturday Scripture class is back in session…for more info and to register contact Deacon John Weber.
Check out the Youth Ministry page to find offerings and events for teens.
Daily Masses & Private Prayer: Daily Masses are now being held at 9:00am Monday-Friday. Outside of the time for Mass, the Church will also be open for private prayer from 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday.
Regular Confession Schedule: (Saturdays, 4:00-4:45pm)
Parish Offices Now Open: The parish office is now open with staff available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm. You can also call the office at 563-359-0345 for more information.
Weekend Masses will continue for the foreseeable future with attendance limitations, yet many of our expenses occur whether or not we have large attendance at Mass (payroll, insurance, utilities, and the like). When you continue your offertory, whether through online giving or sending your contribution in the mail, it allows us to fulfill our mandate to make disciples of all nations. Click here to setup or change your online giving.
Even as Church and many business reopen we still need help checking in on those parish neighbors who many need some extra help and connection. We’re looking for people who are willing to:
- run errands (pick up grocery orders, pharmacy orders, etc…)
- make phone calls to check in on people once or twice a week
- send notes or cards
We’ve gathered together a number of resources to help you face these uncertain days.