Faith & Fellowship Sundays
Anchoring faith formation opportunities between Sunday liturgies is an effort to reclaim Sundays as a day for worship, rest, and service. It is both practical and exciting. And it will help us better respond to Jesus’ final command to “make disciples of all nations.” (Matthew 28:19)
Here are the basics about this new initiative:
- Faith & Fellowship Sundays will be held from 9:00-10:15 AM, between the 8:00 and 10:30 Sunday morning Masses.
- All members of the Lourdes Church and School community are invited and encouraged to attend…and when we say all, we mean ALL!
- Religious Ed classes previously held on Wednesday evenings for our K-8 students who attend public schools will be incorporated into Faith & Fellowship Sunday gatherings.
- Some Sundays (usually twice a month) students will meet with their peers to receive grade specific catechesis in a more traditional classroom format. At the same time there will be offerings for adults faith formation.
- On non-classroom weeks, all ages will gather for shared learning and fellowship.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS for our Faith & Fellowship Sundays kick-off pancake breakfast on Sunday September 19 and our first K-8, Confirmation, and adult faith formation GROW Group sessions on September 26!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for our Faith & Fellowship Sundays kick-off pancake breakfast on Sunday September 19 and our first K-8, Confirmation, and adult faith formation GROW Group sessions on September 26! Please complete the online registration and payment by Sunday, September 12!
Have questions about Faith & Fellowship Sundays or want to join the Team? Contact Emily or Brett at 563.359.0345.
Empowering the Domestic Church
As Catholics, we believe that the first teachers of the faith for any child are the family members with whom he or she lives. What happens in the “domestic church” on a daily basis has a profound impact on the lessons of life and faith that a child learns. The goal of the Our Lady of Lourdes Religious Education program and Lourdes Catholic School is to partner with parents to form lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ, and as a parish staff we’re committed to providing resources and opportunities to help every member of our parish family ENCOUNTER, GROW, and SERVE!
As we strive to be a parish of intentional disciples who make time for personal and communal prayer, we will be praying with a special devotion each month. Traditionally the month of September is dedicated to praying in a special way with Our Lady of Sorrows. Use the video below to help your domestic church learn more about the Liturgical Calendar…
2021-2022 K-8 GROW Groups
The 2021-2022 academic year holds a new adventure in Faith Formation for our parish family with Faith & Fellowship Sundays! During the K-8 GROW Group’s bi-monthly classroom sessions, elementary and middle school aged students will explore what it means to be a disciple of Christ with their peers and catechists. To get more information, join the “Religious Education” Flocknote group, fill out the form below and select “Religious Education”, or call the parish office at 563.359.0345.